Monday, November 9, 2009

Tour de France

Studying France has been so much fun for the kids. They have been learning the colors in French, they have done some French-like art work. But I think that the most favorite part of studying France so far has been our "Tour de France". The kids came into school with such flare and excitement about having brought their bikes to school. The craziness and excitement just climbed from there.
We first had Officer Steve come to our classroom to talk about bike safety. The kids thought it was really cool to have a "Real" Policeman at school.
Next it was time to hand out their yellow shirts. In the real Tour de France, the winner at the end of each stage gets to wear the yellow jersey. So after hearing about all of this fun Tour de France stuff, I decided that each of the kids just had to be winners and for all to see by wearing a yellow jersey.
If I do say so myself, I think they turned out adorable.
The kids were excited and ready to strut their stuff out on the race track.
And they were off!It was a little crazy at first, but then they got it under control and had a ball riding their bikes and collect their colored charms to add to their French key rings.
What a fun day to be at school. Now this is my kind of learning. I was so proud of all my little bike riders.

No comments: