We had a really great time learning about coconuts and the beach last month (January). The children really loved talking about where coconuts were found and we enjoyed talking about how we might climb a tree one day (when visiting somewhere exotic) and pick a coconut. Below I have posted some pictures of the kids while "CREATING" their own beaches. They had so much fun. I told them they could do whatever they wanted (I just gave suggestions!) The children started their scenes out by painting the whole piece of paper blue. I told them that the blue would represent the ocean and the sky. Some had a hard time not using any other colors other than blue.

We had quite the mess on the table with paper, stickers, crayons, glue and scissors. The sky was the limit. The only directions were to use your imagination and whatever else you needed.





Every one's pictures turned out so beautifully. We truly have some very talented little artists in our class.

No comments:
Post a Comment