Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Exploring WATERCOLOR

With just starting preschool I love to let the kids get a chance to use all mediums when it comes to art. I feel that art at this age is so important and the kids love it. So we tried our hand at some watercolor painting. The kids really seemed to enjoy it. At first I tried to have them only use one color and then dip their brush into the water so that the colors wouldn't get all icky. I had to let go of my infatuation with CLEAN watercolor paint and just let the kids dig in. They were having so much fun with this project and it was great to see them all be creative and paint however they wanted.



Don't worry Moms and Dads, there will be plenty of paintings coming home this year. I decided to keep this little painting for their end of the year books. They were too cute!

No comments: